Skip to product information
1 of 1


Martin & Anna Arndorfer, "Rosa Marie" 2020

Martin & Anna Arndorfer, "Rosa Marie" 2020

Members enjoy 10% off all wines. Learn more

Regular price $0.00 USD
Regular price Sale price $0.00 USD
Sale Sold out

Out of stock

View full details

The Details

Producer Profile: From within one of the oldest, most globally recognized “fine-wine” regions of Austria, and from two of the more prominent winemaking families, have emerged Martin and Anna Arndorfer of Weingut Arndorfer whose enterprise carries with it the legacy of Kamptal’s elegant and powerful Grüners & Rieslings though on markedly more modern, experimental, and oftentimes playful terms. The Kamptal is a region of Austria within Lower Austria (Niederösterreich) and is, despite the name, in the northeast of the country. It is a region defined by river valleys and complex geologic fans of ancient volcanic deposits and a topsoil of decomposed loess. The main river of the region is the one after which it is named: the Kamp. Distinguishing the appellation into halves, west of the river is Langenlois and east of the river is Straß im Straßertale, the two principal growing areas of Kamptal. In the latter, the Arndorfer wines stand out for their clarity in conjunction with experimentation – that is, they marry whimsy and curiosity with expertise and precision. The kind of wines that hit the rare sweetspot, where from the biggest ‘natty’ drinkers to the most ‘classical’ you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t fall hopelessly in love with a bottle of Arndorfer.

Vinification: 100% Zweigelt. Grapes are hand-harvested, direct-pressed into stainless steel, and fermented with wild yeasts. The fermenting juice spends an additional 8 days on gruner skins to add texture, tannin and a bit of peppery spice. About 70% of the wine spends time resting in stainless, while the other 30% rests in used oak. Bottled unfined, unfiltered with a touch of SO2. 

Tasting: Berry madness on the nose. Crunchy crushed raspberries on the palate. Herbaceous and zesty with a spicy finish. This is a dark rosé (or a light red, depending on your mood) fit for a balmy late night in the park. Serve chilled. 

More from Arndorfer

  • "Curated wines from small producers"

  • Additive free wines made in accordance with nature

  • Available for shipping, delivery or pickup

  • Serving natural wine lovers since 2006

Did you know?

There's a really easy to discover amazing wines from producers we love. And you can have some fun while doing it...

Tell me more